There are no proper Thermal baths in Krakow, as the only one we had closed down. There are a few smaller spas and saunas in Krakow. The best thermal baths close to Krakow are all around Zakopane, which is a 2-hour drive, but luckily, many tours go from Krakow to all the surrounding Thermal Baths. We have listed all the best Thermal Baths below. Another great feature of saunas in Poland that most is not commonly know outside of Eastern Europe is the Sauna Master, this is a must see experience when visiting a thermal bath in Poland. have
- Thermal Baths near Krakow
- Thermal Baths in Krakow
- Thermal Bath Tours
- Sauna Masters (Towel Spinning Shows)
Thermal Baths Near Krakow
Terma Bania: The Crown Jewel of Poland’s Thermal Baths
Terma Bania is the largest and arguably the best thermal bath in Poland. It offers a range of zones for every mood, located amidst the beautiful rolling hills and the Polish landscape.
- Zones Galore: The complex includes a fun zone with exciting water slides, a relax zone with indoor and outdoor baths boasting stunning views, and a sauna zone featuring eight different types of saunas — from Russian to a salt rock cave and steam bath.
- More Than Just Baths: With a bar, café, restaurants, accommodations, and year-round shows, Terma Bania is a full-fledged resort. The indoor pools are a great place to unwind, and the outdoor pools offer scenic beauty.
- Pricing and Access: Tickets range from 65 zł to 150 zł, varying with the hour and zone selected. You can purchase them directly from their website.
Address: ul. Środkowa 181, 34-405 Białka Tatrzańska
TERMA SLOWACKI: A World of Water Attractions
TERMA SŁOWACKI offers an indoor thermal-mineral pool with 26 water attractions, including whirlpools, water whips, loungers, and swimming lanes.
- Brine Graduation Tower: Breathe in the therapeutic air, rich in iodine, bromine, and other microelements. This feature enhances the spa’s relaxing and healing properties.
- Spa Treatments and Offers: Many spa treatments like massages and skincare are available. Keep an eye on their website for exciting promotions.
- Relaxation and Wellness: The graduation tower and the variety of water attractions make this a unique spot for relaxation and wellness.
Address: Słowackiego 1, 34-500 Zakopane, Poland
Termy BUKOVINA: A Serene Mountain Retreat
Termy BUKOVINA offers a mix of indoor and outdoor pools with a beautiful mountain view.
- Pools and Massage Spots: The complex includes various pools, but the outdoor massage spots are a hot commodity, so plan accordingly. There’s also an indoor pool on the 2nd floor near the café.
- Café Experience: While the pools are fantastic, the café on the upper floor might not meet expectations in terms of cleanliness and service. It’s advisable to dine elsewhere.
- Facilities and Pricing: The thermal baths are large and clean, and the staff is proficient in English. The locker system is convenient, using a bracelet that allows restaurant purchases. Pricing is reasonable, with an open buffet and various dining options.
Address: ul. Sportowa 22, 34-530 Bukowina Tatrzańska, Poland
Chocholowska Baths: A Family-Friendly Thermal Experience
Chochołowska Baths is a large complex with various pools and amenities, making it an ideal destination for families.
- Diverse Pool Options: Chochołowska caters to all ages and preferences, from Jacuzzi to sulfur and salt-iodine pools. It also features giant slides for different age groups.
- Facilities and Convenience: The complex boasts free ample parking, elevators for special needs, and various seating options, not just sunbeds.
Address: Chochołowska 400, 34-513 Chochołów, Poland
SPAS IN KRAKOW
Hammam SPA: A Touch of the Orient in Krakow
Hammam SPA, located just 300 meters from the Market Square, offers a unique Turkish bath experience.
- Relaxing Atmosphere: With mild temperatures and pleasant moisture, the Hammam provides a comfortable and soothing experience, contrasting northern European saunas’ hot and dry air.
- Elegant Setting: The spa occupies two floors in a medieval historic building, offering an elegant Oriental interior. It includes a Coffee-Restaurant, adding to the overall indulgent experience.
Address: ul. Mikołajska 26, 31-027 Kraków, Poland
Ambra Day SPA: Modernity Meets Tradition
Ambra Day SPA combines modern amenities with years of experience, ensuring a top-notch relaxation experience.
- Expert Staff: The passionate staff are constantly upgrading their skills, ensuring that every treatment is performed with expertise.
- Convenient Location: The spa has relocated for your comfort, blending modernity with the high standard of services it’s known for.
Address: Królowej Jadwigi 100, 30-202 Kraków
Termy Krakowskie Sodowa: A Sanctuary in the City
Nestled in the heart of Krakow, Termy Krakowskie Sodowa is a haven of relaxation and rejuvenation. Here, you can immerse yourself in the Kneipp Basin, experiencing the revitalizing effects of icy water on your skin, enhancing circulation and invigorating your body.
The cosy Jacuzzi, designed for four, promises a warm and intimate relaxation experience. After a sauna session, the Cooling Area, complete with an ice waterfall and strong showers, provides the perfect refreshing touch. For those seeking a peaceful retreat, the Relaxation Area and Bar offer a serene space to unwind away from the urban hustle.
Address: ul. Sodowa 4, 30-001 Kraków, Poland
Termy Krakowskie BLonia: A Modern Touch to Traditional Relaxation
Termy Krakowskie Błonia brings a contemporary flair to Krakow’s wellness scene. As a newer addition, it offers a comprehensive and modern sauna experience. The Panorama Sauna, with its dry heat and scented extracts, engages all senses and provides a holistic rejuvenation. The Finnish Sauna Arena, accommodating around 70 people, hosts unique sessions like smoke and relaxation rituals.
For those preferring a gentler experience, the Biosauna offers a soothing retreat with its lower temperatures and aromatic atmosphere. The Turkish Hammam, with its granitic warmth and steam, is ideal for those seeking deep relaxation and detoxification. Adding to the allure, the Salt Grotto’s microclimate, rich in aerosolized salt, benefits respiratory and skin health. The indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi offer additional spaces for relaxation and physical well-being.
Address: al. 3 Maja 17, 30-062 Kraków
If you’re looking for a day of relaxation, natural beauty, and cultural immersion, the Zakopane and Thermal Springs Tour from Krakow is the perfect choice for you. This 11-hour excursion promises an unforgettable journey through the stunning Polish Tatra Mountains, a taste of local flavors, and the opportunity to unwind in thermal hot springs.
- Duration: 11 hours | Price: 499 PLN per person | Pickup: Your location
- Taste local cheese and vodka in the picturesque mountain village of Kościelisko
- Take in breathtaking panoramic views from Gubałowka Hill
- Enjoy a walk along the most popular street in Zakopane
- Relax at the Chocholow Hot Thermal Bath Pools at the end of your tour
- See one of the oldest local houses in the picturesque village of Chochołów.
The Art of being a Sauna Master
Towel spinning shows are not just a form of entertainment; they are a unique amalgamation of aromatherapy, performance art, and age-old sauna traditions. In these sessions, a professionally trained Sauna Master performs a ritual that combines wellness and artistry.
The process involves pouring water infused with therapeutic essential oils onto heated sauna stones, creating an aromatic steam that fills the sauna. The Sauna Master, wielding a large towel, skillfully circulates this steam, crafting an immersive, aromatic, and visually stunning experience.
Leading spas and wellness centers across Poland host these daily shows, reflecting the cultural significance and popularity of this practice. The artistry of towel spinning is so revered that it even has its dedicated championships annually, celebrating the skill and creativity of Sauna Masters.
- Visual and Aromatic Appeal: The Sauna Master’s skilled movements make for a visually captivating show. The swirling towel, combined with the aromatic steam, creates a multi-sensory experience.
- Health Benefits: The essential oils used in these shows offer various health benefits, including relaxation, improved respiratory function, and enhanced mood.
- Community Aspect: These shows often turn the individual sauna experience into a communal event, where participants can enjoy the performance together, strengthening the sense of relaxation and well-being.
For a closer look at this unique cultural experience, watch the video below showcasing a Sauna Master’s performance.
WHERE WILL YOU RELAX FIRST?
Each location offers a unique experience, from the mountainous escapes near Krakow to the city’s day spas. Choose your ideal relaxation spot and dive into tranquillity and rejuvenation!
Ready to embark on a journey of relaxation? Feel free to reach out for more insights or share your experiences with these unique spots! Happy relaxing!